Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compliance Plate

Hi Guys,

My JZ compliance plate is barely readable. - scratched, scuffed, and even has a piece missing

I'm worried that due to the condition, the bike wont pass rego.

I heard somewhere that you can send the plate to Honda Aus and have them replace the old compliance plate with a new one. Is this true?

Cheers

Pretty sure they don't do this any more, but when they did it was a couple of hundred bucks if i remember rightly..... Poon got one didn't he..?
    Cheers,
    Rod

Comment

One guy on here a little while ago got a new one because the guy that sandblasted the frame damaged it big time.
      The only thing he didn't go into any detail in how he went about it. I emailed Honda the other day on this very subject, as soon as I find out I'll let everyone know.
      Z50m French, Z50aK2u Survivor, Z50aK2u Custom, Z50j 1977 Standard,
      Z50j 1978 custom, Qa50 kO, 3x Qa50 K1.

Comment

honda only do it if you can send them the plate as proof it had one. cost is about $350.
        MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
        sigpic

Custom z50jz Custom Chaly project Original z50j1 Kayla's Custom z50j1 project Crf50 z50r Resto project white gorilla Skyteam Munster

Comment

http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/showt...ted+compliance This should help you out....
          spankmonkey

Comment

Can you actually read the letter/numbers? If you can that should be sufficient, plate doesn't have to be brilliant, another trick if the stampings aren't clear, is take it off and look at back . Also, if the plate is deemed 'to bad' but you can read numbers, you could get surrogate id from police. How about a picture?
            Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by GIMP_PRO View Post
              honda only do it if you can send them the plate as proof it had one. cost is about $350.
              Greg snart the compliancy mananger did one for me 2-3 years ago i had to hand the old plate in pay $380 and wait 6 weeks for the new one.
              At the end of it he said it was so much trouble to get done that he wouldn't be doing anymore.

Not sure if he has changed his mind on not on that
              MG the good old days

Comment

If it's still a possibility to get done, I personally would do it - nice new plate, and no issues/confusion to worry about down the track. Plated frames aren't exactly in abundance these days - might as well look after the one/s you got.
                Cheers,
                Rod

Comment

Originally posted by Z50j1 View Post
                  Greg snart the compliancy mananger did one for me 2-3 years ago i had to hand the old plate in pay $380 and wait 6 weeks for the new one.
                  At the end of it he said it was so much trouble to get done that he wouldn't be doing anymore.

Not sure if he has changed his mind on not on that
                  Was in cintact 6 months ago, he only does it if you surrender your old plate to him. Cant get a new one without sending your old one in.
                  MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
                  sigpic

Custom z50jz Custom Chaly project Original z50j1 Kayla's Custom z50j1 project Crf50 z50r Resto project white gorilla Skyteam Munster

Comment

I reckon it would be a nervous six weeks wondering if you just posted off the most valuable part on your bike!

Registered post maybe?
                    Old hondas don't die......they wait.

Comment

Working...
                    X