What happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened

This place is dead now. They must have gotten too expensive.

It is quiet on the MonkeyBikeOz forum like on most of the forums that I am a member of, Facebook and other social media pages have taken over chat to a great extent, as an engineer I always intended the MonkeyBikeOz Forum site to be an information reference library that I will always be adding to so that anyone can have access to MonkeyBike info in an organised manner.

I send people to the forum every day through our business for information and reference material, it is here for when people need it to be.

Cheers

Jaimie
    Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

I'd say the 4k plus pricetag too has a lot to do with it

Comment

Originally posted by edwardsajl View Post
        Costs nothing to get on a forum and ask questions, and most people on here have one or many bikes already.

As Jaimie said, FB has really killed forums - I watched a Ruckus forum with 12k members go belly up due to the same. I am on ONE forum that has survived the mass exodus (ZRXOA) and I'd attribute that to most of them being 50+ and very anti Facebook. Many openly state that the Forum is their ONLY social media interaction.
        Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
          I'd attribute that to most of them being 50+ and very anti Facebook.
          I find it amazing that Facebook is so popular. When people wake up and realise how detrimental Facebook can be ( I know it has a good side ) I wonder what fad will follow.

Comment

Yeah, as you say MU it has a good side - but WAY too many people are totally addicted to it and spend all their free time on it.

My sister was with us for a bit and quite regularly she sit down for 2-3 hours and do nothing but FB - and she's not 17, she's 46!
            Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Jaimie the words "MonkeyBikeOz Forum site to be an information reference library" ,sums it up spot on, although I don't make a lot of posts, I use the wealth of knowledge "stored" on the forum almost daily! Someone here has nearly always had / solved the problem I've got.
              I'm on space book and have three friends (more than enough crap comes my way with just three), my wife and 2 kids. Not a big fan of the time wasting side of it but when you don't live near your kids it's great to see what's going on in their life.

Comment

I have to thank everyone who has made a contribution to the forum over the years by sharing their story, experiences and knowledge as it is that information that makes a forum so helpful to everyone.

The forum will be here while ever I draw breath and I hope then to be able to pass it on to the next generation.

"Knowing and Not Sharing is Not Knowing at All"

Thank You

Jaimie and Nichole
                Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by edwardsajl View Post
                  They were $4,000 back when I bought mine, which was 4 years ago! I'd hate to see how much I've spent on mine, It'll probably be 5 times that

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
                  As Jaimie said, FB has really killed forums - I watched a Ruckus forum with 12k members go belly up due to the same. I am on ONE forum that has survived the mass exodus (ZRXOA) and I'd attribute that to most of them being 50+ and very anti Facebook. Many openly state that the Forum is their ONLY social media interaction.
                  Yeh I'm a member of a car forum (Performance Forums) and that's lasted the test of time, it has a really good "off topic" section and crap you won't find talked about on FB. Out of my close friends, half don't have FB and the only reason I do is for our Monkey Bike page where we organise rides every Saturday, if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have it as I'd be lucky to look at it once a day and the stupid on there just amazes me Instagram on the other hand, all pictures without (well 90% of it) the stupid.

Comment

Hi, I'm from Spain and in my country there are no Monkey Bike forums, I think the problem of the forums is global, the web is from the social networks FB, Twitter, Instagram ..

Comment

Working...
                    X