Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Honda Monkey released in Thailand this month!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paulie View Post
    I see Honda Australia on Facebook announced they will definitely come to Australia. Dates and prices to be confirmed.
    Classic marketing to set the price point, they determine how many people are interested in it (tell us if you're interested), if it's above the amount Honda Japan will supply to Australia they just price it at a premium. Mercedes did the same thing with the new model C63, old model was $140,000 new model is $200,000+ simply due to the demand outstripping supply.

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
    Only thing I would be considering is size - if it's Grom sized (which I reckon it will be) I would pass.
    I think you can almost bet your house on it, same frame and motor as the grom....

Comment

Looks big don't think i can touch the ground on them. Is this replacing the FI 50s?

Comment

Whats the go ,,?
        Every ruddy video has goofy music ,,,

What do the buggers sound like ,?

Like em in blue ,,,,
        New blue to replace ol blue ,,????
        Fat59 where are ya ,?
        its engine oil madge ,,,
        Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Yeah Dex - the blue is cool. I was told that we are only getting them in red or yellow.

Who knows but?

I'd really like one in black:

black monkey 125.jpg

yellow and black 125.jpg

Comment

https://motorcycles.honda.com.au/Naked/Monkey
            Save the monkeys

Comment

Using that link (thanks Alex) and comparing to Honda Aus site http://hondagrom.com.au/specifications/ they look to be pretty much exactly the same size.
              Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

https://motorcycles.honda.com.au/Naked
                Think I prefer the grom, the missus and I a planning on one each after the winter
                Don’t think much of the colors but!
                We hired one cairns a while back, 2 up 96klms flat out with 160kgs
                Handle just loke a normal sized bike. Brakes were excellent. Suspension with that weight on it, couldn’t fault it.
                Save the monkeys

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
                  Using that link (thanks Alex) and comparing to Honda Aus site http://hondagrom.com.au/specifications/ they look to be pretty much exactly the same size.
                  They are the same size. It's basically a Grom with different body work and twin shock. Main frame, engine, forks and wheels are all from the Grom.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                    They are the same size. It's basically a Grom with different body work and twin shock. Main frame, engine, forks and wheels are all from the Grom.
                    Yup

Nope
                    Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

Comment

I guess the new Monkey will be the first that doesn't fit inside the 'moped' class for those sates that allow you to ride a moped on a car licence.
                      You're only young once but you can ride a monkey forever.

Red Z50AK2 U 1974 - Blue Z50AK2 U 1973 - Yellow Z50AK2 U 1974 - 2 x Gold ST70 K0 DAX
                      Red ST50 DAX registration lapsed - XL250S 1978 - 3 x SUZUKI TC185 1974/1975 - TS185 1990

Comment

Won't lie I hate the grom but I think I could handle a black or blue one of these.
                        Z50J, Z50R, YB100, CB250RS, GSXR600

Comment

Originally posted by ivanthefish View Post
                          Won't lie I hate the grom but I think I could handle a black or blue one of these.
                          You've changed

Comment

No one said if it was for the better ,,!!
                            its engine oil madge ,,,
                            Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

I'm considering a later attempt at a monkey...... it's definitely not for the better
                              Z50J, Z50R, YB100, CB250RS, GSXR600

Comment

Great news in the UK today, were getting them in July/August, no price confirmation yet but dealers taking deposits!

Comment

Working...
                                X