Zeds with sidecars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeds with sidecars

Seen some sidecar pics on a thread the other night, can't bloody find em now though. So I thaught I would start a thread on it, so if you have some good pics of sidecars, ideas on building them and any ideas that would be great thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0bcxyoAEGg

Comment

G'Day,

2002 Jincheng Z50JZ Monkey Replica with custom sidecar

100cc Zongshen Engine (tuned/modified) 4 gears
      8" Wheels
      Jincheng Hydro Front Fork with Disc Brake
      Dual Exhaust Stainless Steel Exhaust (underseat)
      22mm Mikuni Carb
      K+N Airfilter
      Manifold Inlet Stainless Steel (custom)
      Alloy Oil Cooler (custom)
      Stainless Steel Oil Lines (custom)
      Finned Alloy Valve Covers
      Seat Low Stainless Steel (custom)
      Alloy Handlebar Screws (custom)
      Regina Gold Professional Drive Chain
      Sidecar Frame (adjustable) Stainless Steel (custom)
      Sidecar Boat Stainless Steel (custom)
      ADR Performance Rear Shocks 310mm (adjustable)

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

S3.jpg
      Mate, smoke 'em 'till the wheels fall off..... TB-Racing
      >Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SHIT... WHAT A RIDE!!!!<

Comment

Yeah thats awesome suspended sidecar to.

Comment

Not a Zed but here's a pic of the now retired Christmas dirt day special. It used to make regular appearances at my old mans Bike club christmas party's. I used to swing off this beast as a young tacker. There's a more currant version in front.

Comment

G'Day,

Japanese company: http://www.take-p-e.jp did a great sidecar kit a few years ago, website seems to be defunct.

12V monkey gorilla sidecar bolt-on kit 201000 Yen
            6V monkey gorilla sidecar bolt-on kit 203000 Yen

img277.jpg

img278.jpg

img222.jpg
            >Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY SHIT... WHAT A RIDE!!!!<

Comment

our simple setup on a frame for kids to hang on to at camps... not for the road...

http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/showt...?871-babu-blue

Comment

the novelty would wear off quiet quickly on having a z50 with a trike on the road, especially me being 6'2 i dont even reckon i would get into a z50 trike, you would have to have a very small passenger, if someone wants to ride with you then get another z50, would be very difficult also passing something like that, im sure there are also rules and regulations on the side car to register..... how come such the interest though in a trike kit and side car... want some training wheels maybe if you need the extra wheel for balance

Comment

Originally posted by markz50 View Post
                  the novelty would wear off quiet quickly on having a z50 with a trike on the road, especially me being 6'2 i dont even reckon i would get into a z50 trike, you would have to have a very small passenger, if someone wants to ride with you then get another z50, would be very difficult also passing something like that, im sure there are also rules and regulations on the side car to register..... how come such the interest though in a trike kit and side car... want some training wheels maybe if you need the extra wheel for balance
                  G'Day,

Our custom Z50JZ sidecar is great for shopping trips, a cruise with the kids or a quick run to the pub.....

Here we go, a Dax sidecar rig.

D6.jpg

D5.jpg

Comment

jap sidecar made for japs though not for australians, you'd be riding with your knees to your ears they seem only made for a 5ft china man, a midget, a trained monkey to wear a helmet or a small child..... shopping i rather take a car, nothing worse then lugging home groceries on your bike and as for the pub well i dont know what they do over there but i dont condone drink driving, rather have a few enjoyable beers and catch a taxi home then be restricted and risk licence loss and ride home, espically on a z'd we all know here in aus there an absolute cop magnet

Comment

Originally posted by markz50 View Post
                      My son is only 8 months at the moment so if I build it quickly he might fit, don't you think? And I have an 11 year old daughter and a 6 year old daughter, so I guess I'll have grandkids one day too!, a blue heeler that would appreciate a hot lap around town, 3 nephews and 2 nieces all under the age of 8, need more reasons? And the car would be removable aswell and there are not many regs on runnung one according to the ADR's and a local guy here that has one on his BMW. And I didn't start the thread on the trikes, training wheels no thanks you can keep them not interested, try starting a for sale thread if you have finally finished with them, at 6'2" I thaught you would be able to reach the ground no worries. But hey I won't hold that against you some of us can ride and some of us can't don't feel bad
                      http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/...otorcycles.pdf
                      Rang transport SA and told me to refer to the ADR's all they say about sidecars are that they have to be mounted to the lefthand side, I think I know which is the left!

Comment

Hot laps with the blueheeler, love it.
                        i know mine would be all for it.
                        but it would be handy for shopping and such,
                        its engine oil madge ,,,
                        Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Originally posted by MADZ50 View Post
                          My son is only 8 months at the moment so if I build it quickly he might fit, don't you think? And I have an 11 year old daughter and a 6 year old daughter, so I guess I'll have grandkids one day too!, a blue heeler that would appreciate a hot lap around town, 3 nephews and 2 nieces all under the age of 8, need more reasons? And the car would be removable aswell and there are not many regs on runnung one according to the ADR's and a local guy here that has one on his BMW. And I didn't start the thread on the trikes, training wheels no thanks you can keep them not interested, try starting a for sale thread if you have finally finished with them, at 6'2" I thaught you would be able to reach the ground no worries. But hey I won't hold that against you some of us can ride and some of us can't don't feel bad
                          Rang transport SA and told me to refer to the ADR's all they say about sidecars are that they have to be mounted to the lefthand side, I think I know which is the left!
                          haha i was only yanking your leg with about the training wheels lol, side is a great idea i was just looking at the size proportioning and thought you where talking about taking another adult thats why i said maybe another z'd 50 but i didnt realise kids and that,

Did the SA transport mention any specifics on how the side car needs to be mounted? I was reading on the NSW rta website and the only thing i'd ever found mentioning side cars was that If a side-car or side-box is attached to your motor cycle that was manufactured on or after 1 March 1976, a mechanical parking brake must be fitted.

heres the SA transport about them:

as you said only needs to be on the left.....

Comment

The guy with the BMW has a park brake on his, he also said it had to have 3 mounting points and said a steer dampner would be handy too. If another adult wants to come riding with me they better buy their own. and I am not much over 5 feet anyway so when I get sick of riding the blue heeler can take the bars and I can ride the sled.

Comment

G'Day,

Now thats what I call a nice hard tail Z50 sidecar rig.....

file-2.php.jpg

file.php.jpg

file-1.php.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X