Sl70 Motor Swap Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sl70 Motor Swap Help!!

Hey guys , so I recently found a sl70 by mistake and got it for free.
    The guy told me the motor was blown but from further inspection it just need a new piston and valves.
    After I remove the head jug and piston I went to crank the bike through the kickstart but real slow and the timing chain has locked up at the back.
    Since its a original motor I thought I will keep it and eventually fix it but for the mean time im thinking of putting a liftan 125cc motor in it.

My main concern is will it fit without any modification?
    and has anyone got and idea how I can fix the 70cc I tryed removing the whole left side of the block but everything is rusted and the nutes are just threading?
    Thanks!

Did you try an impact driver? If you did and failed, you can drill heads off screws with 6mm drill, split cases then remove screws with vise grips.
    The lifan will fit but you'll need the 12v conversion/cdi kit.
    Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

Yeah I might leave the stock motor to the pros want to get the whole thing rebuilt top to bottom.When I got the bike it didnt come with the lights or anything so I might just buy the 125 with a wiring kit just for now.Cheers

Comment

The SL70 motor should have a 4 speed transmission and an advancing flywheel assembly:
        DSC00377.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

Here is what it looks like if you need to drill the heads off the engine case screws:
        Dsc00356S.jpg
        Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

A lifan 125 will fit but you have to take off the finned cover above the spark plug to squeeze it into the frame.
          ​Too many bikes, not enough ride days.

Comment

Working...
          X