Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takegawa Super Street Outer Rotor 6v to 12v Honda Chaly

Hello guys,

I've recently started restoring a Honda Chaly and I had a few questions to ask since I'm only 17
    and not really an expert with engines and electricals..
    I've recently purchased the "Takegawa Super Street Outer Rotor 12V Conversion Kit" for Chaly
    and according to some people I will have to change the crankshaft since it's only 6v, but on the description
    takegawa never mentioned that I will have to change it and I'm so confused..
    I've also started to upgrade the engine with the "Monkey Type Z Full Kit 88cc Type S Cylinder" by MINIMOTO http://japan.webike.net/products/21838468.html

- Will I have to change the Chaly's crankshaft since it's 6v? or is the kit especially made for 6v crankshafts?

- Will I have to change the 6v magneto cover? Or will it fit?

- How do I connect all the wiring? do you have a diagram? since I have no idea how to work with wires..

- Could you please send me the schematic that was included in the box but in English?

- Is it really worth changing it to 12v or should I send the Takegawa Kit back and just leave it 6v?

Thank you so much,
    Raph

IMG_6908.jpgIMG_6864ff.jpgIMG_6850.jpgFullSizeRenderddddd.jpg

Welcome to the forum.
    There is a cone shaped adapter that is available to fit that kit onto a 6V crank, then with some small mods, the original 6v stator cover will fit. NICK19 did this conversion on his J1 a year or so ago so look up his previous posts. You will then have to do some modifications to your wiring loom to change the system to 12v as well as get a 12 v battery & 12v globes.
    ​Too many bikes, not enough ride days.

Comment

That's going to be a top lookn chaly ...
      its engine oil madge ,,,
      Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

You shouldn't need to make a shim. It should bolt right on.
        Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Very neat chaly you have. Sorry I cant really help with your questions because I'm still learning myself but there is plenty of folks here who will help. Keep us posted with plenty of pics because we all know that Dex .... .... Just post lots of pics!
          74AŚ3. 78J1. 79R. 82R. 83R. 99R. 74MR50. 75XR75. 98XR70 Crf70. Crf230. Crf450. KLX140.

Comment

As Matty said ..
            Chalys have the 63.5 mm crank
            And being sold as a chaly setup ..you should be good to go ..

Whip the original points stator off and whack the takegawa one on ...
            Then slip the flywheel on and check the two tapers match .." the cranks one ,,and the flywheel,"
            Then grab some pix ,,and post them up for us .
            its engine oil madge ,,,
            Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

What kinda plane is that in the background?
              Life's too fun for expensive Carbs...

Comment

Yes the chaly rotor is for the later model 6 volt shaft. type 2. should fit straight on.
                Save the monkeys

Comment

I just couldn't resist and had to put the engine on, it's still 6v..
                  Are you guys 100% it fits perfectly without any modifications?
                  Someone needs to come to Broome and give me a hand with it haha..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Few pics

IMG_6938.jpgIMG_6946.jpgIMG_6947.jpgIMG_6951.jpg

Comment

just bolt it on and have a look. Most of us are guessing yes. You need to have a go. Worst case is you have to bolt the 6v back on..

I run 6v bikes, as well as 12v. It still works..
                      Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

I found this. http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/showt...Takegawa-rotor
                        Save the monkeys

Comment

i want to see a motm entry when your finished ..
                          its engine oil madge ,,,
                          Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

that kit is made specifically for your bike, no need to make shim, no need to replace crank etc... just replace the old 6v bits with the 12v bits in the kit.

Comment

I will give it a go today after school guys, hopefully I don't have to take the engine down and I can just do it while it's on the frame..
                              Anyone have any tips of how to wire it up? since I'm not that good with wiring..

Comment

Working...
                              X