Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Hi all.
    I'm very new to this whole forum thing so bear with me.
    So here is my story. a few weeks ago while helping to clean out my old mans shed we found our old z50 under a heap of crap. in a moment of weakness I decided to take it and get it going for the kids to muck around on.
    So now I've cleaned most of the rust out of the tank. cleaned out the carbi and to my surprise it started up fairly easily but it does blow a fair bit of smoke and blows oil out the muffler. still we took it for a ride and it was pretty gutless then it stopped and wouldn't restart.
    now I've checked and adjusted the points pulled top end off and cleaned it up and re soldered the wires. I've also ordered a cheap carbi for it as it needed a new air filter and that seemed like the best short term fix.
    now I have the restoration bug and minimal mechanical skill .
    and the better half just doesn't understand.

when i work out how to post photos will send some.

20200512_113303.jpg

Comment

Hi Antfi

Welcome to the forum, great starting point.

- Have a look at the instructional videos at the following link they cover most of what you will need to learn to work on your Z50:

http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/forum...-z50-tech-info

- Here is the Z50A specific section of the forum that has reference pictures, fiche diagram links and forum member stories:

http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/forum...0-k2-hard-tail

- At the following link you will find shop and owners manuals applicable to your Z50A:

http://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/forum...-parts-manuals

Cheers

Jaimie
      Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

thanks Jaimie.
        I will definitely be haunting a few of those links trying to get my head around it all.

first question though is what's the best way to put photos on here? I had a few issues getting one small enough.

Comment

We have just upgraded the forum software 2 days ago and it resets the photo upload to the standard 2.00MB picture limit, just waiting for our webmistress to adjust it back up to 10.00MB to cover high quality pics.

Cheers

Jaimie
          Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Working...
          X