Return of my first bike

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of my first bike

Gday guys- just joined the forum here and I look forward to checking out all the great bikes and information.
    Last year I was lucky enough to track down the bike I first learnt to ride on. Itís a Z50JZ and my parents bought it brand new. It served its life as a runabout in our caravan park and to the best of my knowledge has never been registered. When my parents sold th the Park it was included in the sale. I was living away at the time and would have tried to keep it if I was there. Anyway, the caravan park changed hands again and the bike was given to a friend of the family. I always wondered where it ended up.
    last year the son of the people I knew to have the bike last made contact with me to say gíday. I had to ask them who they gave the bike too. He put me in contact with them and when they knew itís history they were happy for me to get it back. I was over the moon.
    when I picked it up it was in a pretty sad state. The tank and a lot of other parts were missing and lots of parts were smashed up. This gets me to here- Iíve stripped the bike down and had the frame etc powder coated. The build begins.
    Im currently off work for a bit so Iím looking forward to making some progress on it.
    Hopefully I donít ask you guys too many dumb questions

So lucky to find it again, was it still running?

Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Hope u didn't powercoat the frame with the compliance plate still on it.
      still learning.....

Comment

Thanks guys.. the engine still runs ok. May look at doing something with the top end. I would have to look at the speedo to remember what the odometer read.
        my friend did the powder coating on the frame and he understood 100 percent not to jeopardise the compliance plate. Itís still exactly as it was.
        not sure how it will end up at this point. Would like to keep a very similar Color scheme and use a lot of the original stuff. There will definitely be some changes as the build evolves though.
        The first thing I need now is a replacement fuel tank so I can have it painted white along with the fork uppers

Comment

Am I right in saying itís a Z50JZ? Compliance plate says Honda Z50J 1/82
          Will help me to know for sure when ordering parts

Comment

It is a jz if the number start with AB02 .
            still learning.....

Comment

Perfect- thanks heaps. Definitely a JZ then

Comment

Well done on tracking down the bike again! Lucky it wasnít put out for scrap metal! Youíll have plenty of fun trying to rebuild it. Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Cheers Paulie- sure I will be calling on everyoneís expert opinions and knowledge when needed

Comment

take your time and try to use Honda parts, stay away from chinese cheap stuff my 2 cents

Comment

That's a cool story, well done on getting it back!

My first bike I bought myself when I was 17
                      Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Welcome to the forum ,,

still holding a candle for finding my xr75 ,,

damn ,, hate you right bout now ,!
                        its engine oil madge ,,,
                        Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Thanks dex- The stars aligned for me mate. Fingers crossed you track yours down one day too

Comment

Working...
                          X