WTB - Jap muscle bike under $3500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB - Jap muscle bike under $3500

Hi All, looking around for a decent bike for next project - but this one will be a daily (or so) rider.

Thinking late 90s early 2000's i should get something decent, will be streetfighter style. Must have some decent power/go to it so i saying 900cc +.

Anyone got anything or know of anything?

ZRX1100 is kinda perfect style of what I am thinking as basis.
    Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Actually - it doesnt NEED to be Jap. I'm open to all bikes (except cruisers).
    Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

Comment

zrx 1100-1200 sweet but probably a bit harder to find.

gsxr 750-1100

trx 850

zxr 750.
      You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

Found a ZRX with a gearbox issue - as it's a daily I dont want to have to fix it as soon as I get it!
        Surprisingly not a lot of gixxers under 5K
        TRX was my first choice love the frame - all over 4500
        I HATE the ZXR750, I had one years ago and it was the heaviest piece of junk Ive ever ridden! on the plus side, the tank was so wide a case of beer sat on it perfectly!

Found a TL1000S that might fit the bill if I can get the price down a bit.

Comment

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/SUZUKI-GSXR...579?nav=SEARCH

Best shape ..
          Always wanted an rr
          its engine oil madge ,,,
          Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Down south from you ..but ,,!

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/1996-TRX850...443?nav=SEARCH
            its engine oil madge ,,,
            Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Cheers Dex. There's some stuff out there but these are a bit too far away. I haven't been looking at eBay much, better keep my eye on it.

Comment

Ride your t-rex!
                still learning.....

Comment

Originally posted by OldBikes75 View Post
                  Ride your t-rex!
                  That I am Thomas, but I am not real keen to be sitting on 85kmh on the freeway!

Comment

Don't ride on freeway, just ride slow and enjoy!
                    still learning.....

Comment

I have a few mates that the only way to get to them is the freeway, why not take only 2 wheels and possibly come back over Mt Mee or Glorious??!?!?!

Comment

My mate just sold his trx850, was rebuilt and bored out to 890 I think from memory. One of the nicest bikes I've ever heard.
                        Through summer I daily ride a gsxr600 12/02 model, it will still do 200km/h in third gear and get there fast enough, on a track......................... of course. Theoretically it should do 280 but my balls are nowhere near that big.
                        Mates have gsxr750s and r1s, vtr1000 firestorm/fuelstorm, all superb riding bikes, but look pretty shit as street fighters in my opinion.
                        Z50J, Z50R, YB100, CB250RS, GSXR600

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
                          I have a few mates that the only way to get to them is the freeway, why not take only 2 wheels and possibly come back over Mt Mee or Glorious??!?!?!
                          Time to get new mates.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_as_hec View Post
                            Time to get new mates.
                            Ebay?

Comment

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
                              Ebay?
                              Tinder

Comment

Working...
                              X