1997 z50r

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 z50r

Moved back to NZ a couple years ago and was hoping to find another z50 over here, a lot harder than aus!

anyway i picked this 97 z50r up for $600, it needs a bit of work and but is a solid start,
    the rims are rusted through, but somehow they are holding up and not wobbling at speed, is missing the rear cowl, killswitch and a few small things,
    but it runs like a dream and have been having a bit of fun on it, but have now just pulled it apart to start the resto, i managed to find a better set of rims locally and have also ordered the rear cowl, and front number plate, someone had done a dodgy repair to the bars so have bought some baja style bar clamps and will lift the bars up a little, and will hopefully put an 88cc kit in it, just want to tidy it up and have something fun to ride around on

z501.jpg

will be sending it off to the sandblasters next week,

z502.jpg

on a side note, does anyone have a tidy tank for sale? this one is tidy inside but a bit dented up and im struggling to find a decent replacement?

Good find and nice start. More importantly - what's hiding under the cover????
    Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

It’s a 39 ford

Comment

Originally posted by mark64 View Post
        It’s a 39 ford
        You cant do that and not put pics, Dex will be onto you like a fat kid on a cupcake!
        Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

There’s the whole garage, the red 64 is mine, the other 2 are friends I’m storing for a while

455C5AD1-C039-46CE-94E0-462F3E319318.jpeg

Comment

Mmmmmmm,,,
            Cupcakes ,,,!

And dang ,,,a ford ,!!!!
            its engine oil madge ,,,
            Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Made a bit of progress on the z50r
              found a good condition Ď93 tank and seat which I way prefer the look of over the 97. In 2 minds about tidying the tank up 100% mint and recovering the seat, as at the end of the day I want to have a bit of fun on the bike and it was never intended to be 100% mint. Also decided to put in a 110 lifan for a bit more power. Need to collect a few more small bits and pieces for it but should be finished in the near future.

Comment

Did you buy a new seat cover?

Comment

Yea I bought it before I came across the better condition seat. Donít think Iíll end up using it though

Comment

Working...
                  X