Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swamp Monkey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Did I miss it or did you mention where that swingarm came from and what width tyres you are running?
    Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

    ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

    Comment


    • #32
      I fabricated the swingarm
      The tyres are 18x8.5-8

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by AstroGoat View Post
        I fabricated the swingarm
        Cracking effort mate! Looks like a bought one! I actually thought it might have been froman RV90 - looks a lot like the one on my Skyteam RV90 copy.
        Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

        ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

        Comment


        • #34
          What's the build quality like on the t-Rex. Never seen one in the wild

          Comment


          • #35
            As with all Skyteam stuff it's pretty ordinary. All the bolts fall out and the "Stainless Steel" rusted within 12 months.

            I still like it though, will be going up for sale soon though.
            Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

            ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

            Comment


            • #36
              Thought as much.
              That's why I like hondas......they're good.

              Comment


              • #37
                Been prevented from entering the shed for a while now. First scorching heat, then rain. As I work from a shipping container, any extreme of weather drives me indoors.
                I finally got the forks modified
                I moved the bottom triple mount moved up 50mm and the stem shortened. I cut the stem and inserted a turned spigot into the two halves with a good 6mm gap which I then filled with weld then a couple of drilled holes 30mm each side of the join were also plug welded to further tie the spigot to the stem completed the join. I've done it before and it works well.
                The bottom bearing race will need to be packed up a couple of mm as the atc70 and z50r setup is very slightly different.

                IMG_0151.jpg

                Also got the atc bars a bit straighter and fixed the brake perch which I will use for the clutch as it is on the left hand side and I don't need a front brake at this stage.

                Comment

                Working...
                X