Just Started restoration of my Z50M

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Started restoration of my Z50M

Hi All, i've been a long time follower, this is my first post.

I bought this z50m of a guy at the tip for $5.
    Took it home and the engine started. I DONT have any photos of the day i bought it, but it was trashed. house paint black.
    So after a very expensive paint job, I have one photo so far and its from basically day one. Image008.jpg

So far I have now rebuilt the top end of the motor and I found a stack of genuine parts on ebay international a few months ago, cost $1600USD all up from memory. I still need a SEAT and Exhaust. Im only interested in genuine so if any of you guys know a bloke or you have anything for an M please let me know.

Any advice or comments will be appreciated and ill post some photos next time i get a chance.

Cheers,
    Nick
    Life's too fun for expensive Carbs...

5 bucks! So jealous. Let me know if you wanna double your money, I have a crisp $10 note waiting!

Comment

Welcome to the posters wynston.
      The more m's on here the better. ..

None in tss. ........Grizzle grizzle.
      its engine oil madge ,,,
      Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

I know! when i saw the bike he told me it was some homemade job that some guy built for his son. Now we all know the unique little frames these gems have, so it didnt take long for me to read the frame number and that glorious little "M" was there and also present on the motor.
        It also had a lot of the random hard to find parts like gear shifter and original throttle assembly.
        The only parts left to get are:
        Seat
        Exhaust
        Tool box

thats about it and she will be good to go.

Thanks everyone and feeling very welcome to the forum. I run a Facebook page called "Z50 restoration" on facebook if anyone wants to check it out, but this forum is much more effective.

Comment

Great pick up well done, I'm off to the tip

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Great to see another member in canberra. .
            Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

$5 wow!!!!!!!!!!!
              64 CZ100, 64 CZ100, 67 Z50m. 67 Z50m. 67 Z50m. 72 Z50K2. 72 Z50K2. 72 Z50K2. 72 Z50K2. 72 Z50K2. 74 XR75. 75 XR75. 76 Z50J1.
              77 Z50J1. 78 Z50J1. 80 Z50JZ. 82 Z50r. 82 Z50R. 82 Z50R. 83 Z50R. 84 Z50R. 86 Z50R. 97 Z50R.
              Z50 BAJA. Z50 BAJA. 04 CRF50

Comment

welcome, one mans junk is anothers man treasure, whole new meaning to that, $5 to buy $5 grand to build, looking good

Comment

$5 thats amazing just goes to show there is still some luck in the world
                  great job so far keep the pic coming so us dreaming of owning a M can drawl over them
                  Restorate not Separate

Comment

Haha I sure will. Currently it is a rolling chassis and the motor is almost finished I'll post some pics soon away for work at the moment. I would love to take a genuine exhaust or seat of someone's hands if they are willing, condition not an issue.

Comment

im listing almost 2 z50m's dismantled, there an original exhaust that needs some love an attention if your keen

Comment

Very keen let me know when the parts are becoming available that would be great

Comment

So I spent the weekend sending parts off to be machined (barrel) and also spent a lot of time researching how to restore a wheel.
                          I had a crack, take this with a grain of salt as it was my first ever attempt, but here is the before and after shot (note on different rubber)IMG_0792.jpgIMG_0791.jpg

Comment

IMG_0804.jpgIMG_0805.jpg Getting excited

Comment

Wynston 1.jpg

Seat came today and so I pieced it together to get an idea of what is to come.

Once the original seat cover arrives I'll have him reupholstered.

Comment

Working...
                              X