No announcement yet.

Classic Honda 50's JZ Refurb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- Heidenau 4.00x8 tyres fitted to a 2.75x8 rim for the front and a 3.50x8 rim for the rear:

DSC09971.jpg

- The 3.50x8 rim pulls the sidewall of the tyre out much flatter than the 2.75x8 rim:

DSC09999.jpg

- Just have to sand and paint the hubs to get the wheels back on:

DSC09978.jpg
    Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Not long now ,,!!
      its engine oil madge ,,,
      Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Hey there,
        Out of curiosity, what is the procedure for making the cases pretty....is it bead blasting, then sanding with? wet and dry??
        cheers Peter
        Last edited by Knut on a Gorilla; 26th November 2017, 07:35 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

With my own cases I lightly media blast them with fine glass then I use a steel wool soap pad to bring them to the finish I like, if you want them show finish smooth you can use a fine grade of wet and dry paper to remove any scratches or blemishes.

Hard to go past vapourblasting these days for a finish better than a factory finish: https://www.newcastlevapourblasting.com/
          Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

you slow ******* your as bad as me!
            You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

My JZ is finally back on it's wheels, woo bloody woo, just waiting on Kitaco rear sprockets and TB brake pads to bolt up the rear end

Dsc01943 S.jpg

Dsc01944 S.jpg

Dsc01946 S.jpg

Comment

Good to see ,,,

Raiding the kitaco bin are we ,
                Ill tell nichole ,,,
                its engine oil madge ,,,
                Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Good to see it moving along there Jaimie! I do like the slammed look though!
                  Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Have been in a back spasm since the Tuesday before Easter and finally got back on my feet over the weekend and straight down to the shed to work on my JZ.

Have been waiting on our Kitaco order with sprockets included, Woo Woo:
                    DSC01976.jpg

Hubs painted with Duplicolor Silver Ceramic Caliper Paint, Hi-tensile rim bolts installed, replaced the original Honda OEM 8 x 16 hub bolts with OEM 8 x 20 bolts so that the threads go all the way to the ends of the holes in the hubs with the thicker alloy wheels:
                    DSC01990.jpg

Kitaco 28 tooth rear sprocket:
                    DSC01997.jpg

The Heidenau 4.00 x 8 tyre fits perfect on a 3.50 x 8 rim:
                    DSC02000.jpg

Takegawa brake arms, the back arm is the same length as stock but the front is longer than stock:
                    DSC02004.jpg

The duplicolor caliper paint is not exactly the same as cloud silver but will do the job:
                    DSC02005.jpg

I like to use a yellow marking pen to paint the end of bolts when they have been loctited and tensioned:
                    DSC02008.jpg

The 28 tooth sprocket is a tad smaller than the stock 37 tooth sprocket:
                    DSC02010.jpg

Tried an NHRC down pipe to see how it looked as the down pipes make the most power on the dyno but I plan on doing a lot of riding on the dirt and it would of got damaged quite quickly if I fall off the bike, have fitted an NHRC up pipe which also sticks out a bit but not as much so I will go with this pipe till I finish the exhausts that we are making that tuck in like a stock pipe:
                    DSC02017.jpg

So close and getting a little excited to be getting back on the road, just have to keep my spine together to be able to enjoy a decent ride
                    DSC02013.jpg

Not far to go now just need to be able to stay on my feet long enough to get it finished, have to prepare the document to give to the engineer to get the engine capacity increase to the TB Parts 108cc stroker approved for rego.

Cheers

Jaimie

Comment

Working...
                    X