Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cleatwoodmack View Post
    hi doug .
    what was involved to get that seat to fit ?
    regards troy
    Hi Troy
    I had to make plates to extend the mounts down about 45mm. I used 50mm flat, to make the plates then drill and bolt to the standard mounts on the seat. Then hold I place and mark the frame mounts.

Cheers
    spiderman, spiderflaps, mudflap just don't call me late for lunch

Comment

UPDATE
      Since the bike sheared off the input shaft it has been on the bench for 4 months. so uncle and chilli said put a 6 speed in it, and we did it now has a 6 speed close ratio takegawa box. After much mucking around in the shed, I think I have it sorted. just been down the road for fuel and then back to pay for it, so excited it works I forgot to take my wallet. sorry there's not more photos. I pulled the motor apart 3 times and every time I was going to take an internal shot.

Comment

That's awesome. What type of speed are you getting with the 6 speed in the Daytona?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryel83 View Post
          That's awesome. What type of speed are you getting with the 6 speed in the Daytona?
          no more speed yet. just no gaps in the gearing it's full on from go, i will probly try for 100 out of 5th and use 6 as overdrive.

Comment

dex asked me some questions, then suggested this should be in the thread, as info for anyone who might consider it.

No, the only problem I had was the clutch. I had to have the center machined 2mm as the input shaft was a bit shorter and used a circlip to hold the clutch on the shaft. I have done about 35km so far and no probs other than the gear return is a bit stiff, I may need a new seal on the selector shaft. I haven't got the bill yet, might be more than the motors worth. it certainly improved the userbility of the engine. there is no lag between gears, no faster yet. I don't think it will be possible to go faster as I am running 17 front and 28 rear the has a damper hub and 28 is the smallest I can put on that hub.

Comment

Top info for those concidering the up date to six speed conversion to daytona motor.

Still chuckle to my self about when i put your bike in the mbotm. ..And called it a dirt tracker.
              its engine oil madge ,,,
              Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

I played in the shed today, spent some more time refining the 6spd, it wasn't changing down as good as it could. the shift mechanism needed some shaping by removing the section shown on the arm that rotates the drum. this stopped the arm from jamming between the pins on the shift drum when down shifting. it's just incredible how it has changed the bike now that there is no lag between gears, the power is constant.

Comment

Bloody photobucket.
                  9330D0B4-3E37-40AF-9668-E0FDD81A0BF6.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X