Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldBikes75 View Post
    Registered yet?
    Nah mate, been busy at work. Aiming to get it finalised over the weekend. Got the zappy key function turned off now - Paulie was spot on, I removed the PC off where I was earthing and no more zaps.

Just indicators and brake light now I think, carb needs a good clean from sitting for too long as well.
    Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Apparently I DIDNT fix the zapping issue - still getting a good whack at the ignition, currently staving the carb out to shut it down.
      Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

Comment

Sounds like the ignition needs grounding
        Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Originally posted by MattyP View Post
          Sounds like the ignition needs grounding
          It's grounded, but bunched with a few others. I think I will do a dedicated ground just for the ignition.

Comment

I always run an earth lead onto ignition switch, no way I'm copping a wack.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
              I always run an earth lead onto ignition switch, no way I'm copping a wack.
              It's "exciting" to say the least.

Comment

What's the Lifan like?

Comment

Originally posted by toomanybikes View Post
                  What's the Lifan like?
                  I am a Lifan fan, for the $ the only thing that comes close is the GPX. If you are on a budget they are a great drop in/throw away motor. As I usually have several builds on the go - I cant budget $3k for just a motor.
                  Finding N can be somewhat of an artform, but you get the hang of always downchanging to N.

Oil change ever 500 and valves every 2000 and they seem to do well.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I'm thinking about trying one.

Comment

• Originally posted by toomanybikes View Post
                      Thanks for the advice, I'm thinking about trying one.
                      I got one for $260 DELIVERED when they were on sale, pretty hard to fault that.

Comment

• I think I payed $395 for my 140cc , just over 2000 km and still going strong. same as you oil change every 500 km I think is best.

Comment

• Well nigh on 7 years running this bike is legal

04.09.2018.jpg Legal.jpg

Comment

• How old is that report, I though written ones went out years ago. Also the brake test is funny, thats a car reading as far as I 'm aware. lol

Comment

• Must be excited to ride it on the road!

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter View Post
                                How old is that report, I though written ones went out years ago. Also the brake test is funny, thats a car reading as far as I 'm aware. lol
                                He said because the bike is so old it's not in the system (maybe the VIN's wont be in the system? I cant remember) so had to go old school.

Comment

Working...
                                X