My Z50A K2 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Z50A K2 project

Hi Guys, really new to this forum, but have had monkeys for a long time.

Just a quick one, this is day one of my Z50A K2 project, and then the day i sort of unofficially finished it.2594_1108562439379_1386381071_30312366_3477209_n.jpg205719_10150270115663079_717683078_9416702_7558375_n.jpg

With the "finished" photo ignore the lack of chain and blinkers, they are on now but the "mate" i got to tidy up the wiring at his new shop, blew up my stator and now im having a nightmare with the wiring.

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    Life's too fun for expensive Carbs...

Also, what do you think of the strip positioning? correct?
    Last edited by Wynston; 17th February 2014, 08:36 AM. Reason: mistake

Comment

The stripe may be a little high but no 2 original hardtails seem to be exactly the same anyway and the angle of the photo is probably making it look higher than it is. Top work though, looks good

Comment

Neat turn arround. ...
        What wiring hadsles are you having, ,?
        its engine oil madge ,,,
        Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

So since the stator blowing up, (they used a car battery booster to test the electrics, and drilled out the nut in the flywheel), the wires have been all re pulled out of the frame. So apart from that it has no battery as i didnt think they needed one (was under the impression all 71 K2s were imported without them?) can anyone confirm or blow that rumour away and confirm if it definitely needs a battery?

Comment

Your model (U type/aussie model)had a battery, General Export models had no battery. Don't use US sites as a guide as our models ran different specs to theirs.

Comment

ok sweet thanks, so it will need the battery and battery cover? what extra wiring will i need considering its been wired gen export?

Comment

Battery, battery cover, rectifier, flasher can and blinkers. Plenty of info in the forum under "monkey electrics" like thishttp://www.monkeybikeoz.com.au/showt...rdtail-harness

Comment

Cheers motodevo, still navigating this forum, appreciate it

Comment

gee a M and A your a lucky man
                    welcome to the crazy house
                    Restorate not Separate

Comment

Haha thanks. Always loved this forum just never got around the whole sharing and swapping info. Got a bit more time up my sleeve now so yeah, bought the A for $400 with tonnes of spares. An almost complete J model motor came with it I'll get around to selling one day

Comment

So this is where i'm at with the hardtail, new wiring and battery cover on, now about to pull the engine out and replace the crank as the thread is stuffed on the LHS. new stator in it now, however its taken the bike from a 3 wire stator to a 4 wire. Any thoughts on why? Other than that the bike it coming along nicely.IMG_1211.jpg

Comment

Isn't the harness I have you 3 wire?

Ate we building the motor at my place?
                          Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Yeah the stator i replaced on the bike went from 3 wire to 4 wire, trying to work out if one of them are redundant.
                            And yes to the build are your wonderland of mini bikes. I finish my uni exam today, will be completely free all next week.

Comment

You should go back to green tank green wheels
                              Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Working...
                              X