Is it still possible to build a Z50A with NOS OEM parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it still possible to build a Z50A with NOS OEM parts

.... if you only have a frame, fork, tank, hubs and engine?
    Can you still get mudguards, correct handle bars etc?

I've just finished a J1 and had to just about buy brand new everything save for the list above. Everything fairly easy to get, and the only repo stuff I got was a seat, luggage rack and my exhaust sheild is JZ, but all else pretty well correct for the J1. Just wondering if this can be done with the Z50A's ?

Something I seem to remember is that the new oem handle bars now, are different to the originals and the exhaust tailpipe is different too, as are seats and flywheel covers and there is probably more, so the old original stuff is worth saving if you want a tip top restoration

Comment

Will be hard to find NOS headlight, handle bar, battery cover, exhaust shield, taillight brackets and even indicators with the smaller bulbs. Pretty much hard to find NOS parts these days
      still learning.....

Comment

Hmm... thanks guys. I figured it'd be harder to find bits for the A's. So best to find a complete one in good nick or another J1 or JZ ! ahahaha.
        Though, something inside me wants an A, a J1 and a JZ. .... Hmmmm

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Matchymarty View Post
          Hmm... thanks guys. I figured it'd be harder to find bits for the A's. So best to find a complete one in good nick or another J1 or JZ ! ahahaha.
          Though, something inside me wants an A, a J1 and a JZ. .... Hmmmm

Cheers.
          Then you will want one in each colour ............. and on it continues

Comment

Working...
          X