Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a find

Hi
    managed to find a 1 owner Aussie delivered Z50a K2 with 141 miles on the clock. It was in near perfect condition and a great find. Paid a good price for it though. It was well looked after in storage with minimal rust as it was in Canberra.

i was in too minds whether to restore or leave as is. Anyhow decided to restore as the hubs were pitted and the frame had a few scufffs and bad acid damage at the bottom from the battery.

I carefully took it apart and got the frame, tank, forks and side covers paint in candy ruby red. Lots of polishing tarnished bolts And nuts and replaced the rims (slight rust on originals), rubber on shock absorbers and engine mag cover as original pitted. I removed the clutch cover for bead blasting. Otherwise the bike is totally original and absolutely perfect with original Honda battery and org tyres

Comment

Comment

Comment

I will take a few weeks to get back together and I will post photos of the journey

Comment

Looking great Wayne, keep up the good work - and keep the pics coming!!!!!
            Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Very nice, same as mine, I'm out at Bungendore we should race 'em.

Comment

More photos from today

Comment

Looking like a bike now

Comment

This bike is my 3rd restoration. Following pic of my second

Comment

Following pic is my 1st restoration. Time for a blue on after 4 candy ruby red

Comment

My rare Z50a find cane with original Honda brake shoes

Comment

Will have to change your title from P Plater to 3rd Dan Master Restorer top job.
                          Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Thanks for that !!

Comment

Done, you are now officially a MBOZ 3rd Dan Master Restorer.
                              Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Working...
                              X