No announcement yet.

Imported Z50JS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts on these as your last bikes have been all bling parts.

Are you going to tour Europe on this?
    Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Originally posted by MattyP View Post
      Are you going to tour Europe on this?
      Can I come too ??

Comment

Touring all of Europe may be out of the question, I’m really keen to go to Belgium or France to one of their monkey meets during next summer. They were saying this year numbers were down. They used to get like 800+ bikes apparently to a long weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie View Post
          Touring all of Europe may be out of the question, I’m really keen to go to Belgium or France to one of their monkey meets during next summer. They were saying this year numbers were down. They used to get like 800+ bikes apparently to a long weekend!
          One of the Blast Factory guys lives in Carcasonne, and they ride in that area from what I can make out. I tried to meet up with them in 2014 when I was there, but things didn’t work out.
          I have been stashing a few bits away so I can mail a bike to my sister who lives about 50kms from Carcasonne

Comment

Make sure if you send anything you don’t put the price on the customs label. I got a pair of sunnies for $60 off the net and then was slugged with £25 import duty. And I ordered a takegawa kicker from webike, not labelled on the outside, no import duty!

Comment

Have any of you heard of the modern works 4v head. It’s suppsed to be a Chinese rip off of the takegawa one at half the price. I’ve read a bit on the net and it says to replace the rocker arms, but apart from that reviews are fairly good. I was thinking of getting the 52mm short stroke kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie View Post
                Have any of you heard of the modern works 4v head. It’s suppsed to be a Chinese rip off of the takegawa one at half the price. I’ve read a bit on the net and it says to replace the rocker arms, but apart from that reviews are fairly good. I was thinking of getting the 52mm short stroke kit.
                DuncCB100 has one.....

Comment

Modifications begin! Removed the crappy zinc plated nuts and bolts and replaced them with stainless socket heads and acorn nuts.
                  A276EA49-DE41-41F9-9E1F-EE3EBA525E55.jpg
                  F70AEB5B-2207-42D6-B0C6-7497B65AB0C5.jpg

Comment

Pulled the whole bike apart this weekend. Was worried it was going to be super rusty. It isn’t. The mudguards were toast, rusted all the way through. They’re now in the bin. I’ll replace them with carbon fibre or plastic ones. Measured up the rear wheel and new swingarm and it looks to be ok. I had nightmares that it was going to be way off to one side. But it appears to be central. It weird because both rim halves are the same size on this 4” rim.... anyway. Pictures:
                    D307AFCB-0579-4208-8A38-B3D2C7E4A9B8.jpg
                    080C9FF7-079C-414A-A8B1-AE955288181A.jpg
                    CBC5E210-4FC7-4B73-A824-A21B40F07364.jpg

Comment

Love the look of braced swing arms
                      its engine oil madge ,,,
                      Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

AF1D8E73-6213-40E8-953E-367CA0D2814A.jpeg Finally got enough money to get the frame and a few knick knacks restored/repainted etc. got the frame done in a purple blue flip. Hopefully it works with the original purple tanks and headlight etc.

Comment

Nice looking colour there Paulie, should pop really nice with that chromed swinger!!!!!
                          Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Chopped 55mm from the front forks. Almost ready to assemble!

Comment

In one of the worlds slowest builds Iíve spent the last week trying to rebuild the speedo drive. Thereís nothing wrong with it, just a disassemble and re-grease. Iím just super slow as I donít have any spare time.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X