Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imported Z50JS

Hi,

Been a while since I had a monkey to show picture of. Here it is. Bought it on Saturday. It's my first complete, usable bike. Needs a little attention to the rusty guards, but apart from that it's tip top. Just a quick polish and degrease. Of course I'd like to do the usual mods, shocks, bore kit, etc. But I'm skint so it'll have to wait a while.

P1370047.jpg

P1370048.jpg

P1370049.jpg

P1370050.jpg

P1370052.jpg

P1370053.jpg

P1370056.jpg

P1370057.jpg
    Attached Files

Nice and clean, is that a stock rack on it?
    Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

I’m pretty sure it’s a stock rack. It doesn’t look like the bolts have ever been removed. They have the correct patina (rust) on them. It’s different to the Aust delivered models.

Comment

Japanese Domestic Model rear carry rack:

Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Very cool, I like it!
          Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

NIce colour scheme
            Old hondas don't die......they wait.

Comment

Got this in the mail. Pretty impressed with the record keeping. Pretty unimpressed with the price £30, but need it for the import and registration documents. No more searching around for little date codes stamped on frames etc 209BCD3E-D1D8-4BF0-88FF-9594C9CA6744.jpg

Comment

I assume Honda Australia don't offer the dating service? Any chance you could share who/how you contacted them?

Comment

Originally posted by Tj501 View Post
                  I assume Honda Australia don't offer the dating service? ?
                  Is this something like Tinder for bike owners ?

Comment

Originally posted by Monkiesuncle View Post
                    Is this something like Tinder for bike owners ?
                    What's Tinder?
                    Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Originally posted by MattyP View Post
                      What's Tinder?
                      Not 100% sure myself, but the kiddies seem to like it.

Comment

Nice bike Paulie, I need one of those seat! 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by Tj501 View Post
                          I assume Honda Australia don't offer the dating service? Any chance you could share who/how you contacted them?
                          I’m not sure how it’ll work for Australia. I had it done because I’m on a gap year at the moment in the UK and want to bring the bike back to Aust in the future.

But here’s the info: (I originally phoned them, but they returned via email)
                          Following to our recent conversation, as promised, please find the details on how to apply for Year of Manufacture document below:
                          In order to obtain Year of Manufacture details for your motorcycle, you will need to apply in writing to the following address:
                          Motorcycle Operations
                          Year of Manufacture
                          Honda (UK)
                          Cain Road
                          Bracknell
                          Berkshire
                          RG12 1HL
                          When requesting this document, please provide the following information:
                          Model type
                          VIN
                          Engine number
                          Your postal details
                          Your contact details – telephone number and email
                          There is an administration fee of £30 (£25 + VAT) which can be paid by cheque or postal order made payable to Honda (UK).
                          Please note that this can take up to 6 weeks if the information needs to be sourced from Japan.
                          Thank you for contacting Honda. If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Comment

Originally posted by babu View Post
                            Nice bike Paulie, I need one of those seat! ��
                            You want a poo brown seat?

Comment

Spent a little bit of coin. When I say little, I mean little. Got a GCraft look alike swingarm and wheels. Swingarm is keepspeed and the wheels are mad munk. Swingarm is ok for the price and the wheels look like theyíll be trouble with offsets and fitment. Will look into that later. But hereís some pics. Swingarm came with a cool little shifter keyring. For less than half the price of the brand name stuff I reckon it may be ok, but Iíve only just unwrapped it. Like I said once I go to fit it, thatís when the swearing may begin.

BF21568A-AC5A-44BB-8BAF-1303280EAF48.jpg3D5B3DAD-3963-4E30-B8C2-AA1A15F7CDA6.jpg93C0DA90-E346-4952-8EF0-38E5023FD243.jpg622C0136-409D-4F19-A461-5360EEF09FD5.jpg8D3BA91A-EAF1-44DD-A63A-2B27CFA63630.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X