FI Monkey hits OZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FI Monkey hits OZ

Picked this one up on Friday. I wonder how it will change .........

Nice work there Adam... I see you got the plate on her - been for a spin down to the shops, eh..?....
    Cheers,
    Rod

Comment

whats the recycling sticker about ,,? .
      its engine oil madge ,,,
      Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

and how do they go compared to a 40th ..?
        its engine oil madge ,,,
        Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Originally posted by rroodd View Post
          Nice work there Adam... I see you got the plate on her - been for a spin down to the shops, eh..?....
          Done about 40km's on it already - It's the longest of riden / driven anything on the rev limiter / fuel cut off -- at 60km/h it cuts fuel or spark .

Goes better than a 40th though, and is very easy to start -- to quote a movie -- it's a fuel injected suicide machine .....

Comment

Originally posted by dex View Post
            whats the recycling sticker about ,,? .
            Recycling sticker is so that people throwing them away know to put it in the recycling bin every second Thursday .......

Factory Honda Alarm is pretty cool - I might have to get some more of these.

Comment

How do we get one ?

Comment

Originally posted by papawJ1 View Post
                How do we get one ?
                Work Hard and be good to your Mother ......... or contact Thomas Lee Motorcycles in Moree ....

Comment

Originally posted by Monkiesuncle View Post
                  Done about 40km's on it already - It's the longest of riden / driven anything on the rev limiter / fuel cut off -- at 60km/h it cuts fuel or spark .

Goes better than a 40th though, and is very easy to start -- to quote a movie -- it's a fuel injected suicide machine .....
                  Mad max!!!!!!!!!!
                  64 CZ100, 64 CZ100, 67 Z50m. 67 Z50m. 67 Z50m. 72 Z50K2. 72 Z50K2. 72 Z50K2. 72 Z50K2. 72 Z50K2. 74 XR75. 75 XR75. 76 Z50J1.
                  77 Z50J1. 78 Z50J1. 80 Z50JZ. 82 Z50r. 82 Z50R. 82 Z50R. 83 Z50R. 84 Z50R. 86 Z50R. 97 Z50R.
                  Z50 BAJA. Z50 BAJA. 04 CRF50

Comment

Do they make any tuning parts for the motors
                    If you listen carefully you can hear rhubarb growing

Comment

Originally posted by darkman View Post
                      Do they make any tuning parts for the motors
                      Takegawa and Kitaco do a heap - 88 kit for this engine with bigger Valves, injector and controller to add more fuel, is around $1000. I'm tempted to get the 88 kit and then use a 106 scut barrel & piston instead of the 88 barrel & piston and see how well I can get that to run

Takegawa, Yoshimura and Over Racing do some nice exhausts - I should take delivery in the next few days of a Takegawa 148 FI engine so that should be interesting - should be a good challenge

Comment

so cool man, does it run much smoother being injected and throttle response? Whats the 148 going into?

Comment

Originally posted by Nic19 View Post
                          so cool man, does it run much smoother being injected and throttle response? Whats the 148 going into?
                          the FI engine is a little easier to start - no choke - no matter how hot or cold, 1 kick and your away ( not that a 40th Carb model is hard to start either, but you do have to turn the choke on and off ) It seems to have a little extra power but not a quantum leap - the 148 FI may be going in this - but I haven't made up my mind - I have too many choices

Comment

Does the exhaust thats on there affect the efi system. .,?.
                            Ie running rich. ..Etc. ..

Sortta like over exhausting an efi car with exhaust gas analisers to alter fuel mix etc. .
                            its engine oil madge ,,,
                            Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Ohh. ..
                              And does the fi use a 40th harness. .....And use the two unused wiring plugs thats near the rear of a 40th harness. ..
                              Or are they for the baja "batteryless "system. .,?.
                              its engine oil madge ,,,
                              Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Working...
                              X