No announcement yet.

Babu’s z100a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheers Diggs, last build! started this build to motivate me to finish off the other builds but ending up spending all the time on this build so another unfinished project... lol.

plug holes to weld the fork sleeves onto the forks as the triple tree bottom plate will be welded to the sleeves

IMG_1630.JPG

it was a PITA to sand the weld flush and round especially with my welding so cheated a little on the lathe

IMG_1631.JPG

With all the bits ready I made a jig to line everything up so the forks can be welded in place hopefully straight and square.

IMG_1651.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1649.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by z nut View Post
      you've done a fare bit for a busy man Babu, the spatter from the arc will really piss you off after you use your tig....... its so nice not getting burnt and worrying about setting things on fire.
      yeah i should get my act together and try the tig... i did singed my foot when splatter dropped on it, should really stop wearing thongs in the shed when welding...

Comment

safety thongs are ok with tig!. i was wondering what you were going to do with the slide on fork braces, they would look great with very small tig welds .

coming along great Thuc. you come up with some good info and tricks in the shed, iv'e still got the " M " forks build sizes you posted.
        You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

look what i got, whoohoo...

IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1661.JPG

also these foot pegs

IMG_1658.JPG

Comment

headlight ears were supposed to be easy...

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_1698.JPG

after 3 revisions ended up with these... don't believe I tried to bend 4mm thick steel as per above plan...

IMG_1701.JPG

usual, a wood jig to hold everything in position and square hopefully if my table saw cuts straight.... I will be using an A/J1 headlight and they are 121mm apart. Also using a M front fender.

IMG_1704.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

tacked everything in place to make sure everything lines up and it doesn't look too bad

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

Not a lot of gap between headlight bucket and bar middle section, especially when the knurled bit goes over the tube the headlight bucket will probably be butted against it.... that's how it looks in the photos so that's how it's going to be

IMG_1711.JPG

Comment

more bits...

carburetor, genuine honda c110 sports, looks like it can be cleaned up nicely

SDC12133_zps469fc5de.jpg
              SDC12135_zps9d43cb1e.jpg
              SDC12136_zpsfff21f58.jpg

throttle...

$(KGrHqJ,!h4FDoBp3yz2BRK970P1fg~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16R,!)0E9s37F2DRBRK98BKm1!~~60_57.JPG

This looks as close as I can find to the ones in the z100 photos. All it needs is a hole for the horn.

Comment

You progressing this one along quickly! Looking good!!!!
                Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Hi Babu. Amazing work mate. I probably have the switch block you need with the horn button. Let me have a look tomorrow. Yours if i have it.

Comment

Very good
                    Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Save the monkeys

Comment

Was wondering if this frame would be more suitable?? Not Mine by the way.
                        Save the monkeys

Comment

Originally posted by OCDZ50J View Post
                          Was wondering if this frame would be more suitable?? Not Mine by the way.
                          Can't really see the frame from the pic and can't find the listing. looks like it has a cz/cub motor.

Think I'm going to need to start the frame from scratch

Originally posted by MattyP View Post
                          Very good
                          Cheers Matt! Any new projects?

Originally posted by cubster View Post
                          Hi Babu. Amazing work mate. I probably have the switch block you need with the horn button. Let me have a look tomorrow. Yours if i have it.
                          Thanks cubster, if you have it would have some work

Originally posted by Diggs View Post
                          You progressing this one along quickly! Looking good!!!!
                          went well then got busy and had to stop ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Comment

Amazing work Babu, I am jealous of your skills.
                            Old hondas don't die......they wait.

Comment

Working...
                            X