No announcement yet.

Babu’s z100a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well thats turned into a job and a half, the stem is removable so not as easy as the M forks hey. the tops of the legs are bent inwards too. its got me buggered how it fits, to early for my brain i'll have a look when im awake.
    Attached Files
    You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

Top of the legs are straight on the z100, cz they are bent in a little.

i need a pipe bender, thinking of one of those eBay ones with the 7 dies around $150, anyone have success using them? Need to bend 22mm.

Comment

see what happens when i open my mouth to early in the morning
        You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

how come MBOZ is super quiet these days? Andy, Ray you guys still interested :-)

trying to find time to build this thing but too busy working during the day, only time i have to play in the shed is after 9pm, can't make too much noise

Anyways, I thought I could get a way with using a zed triple tree to make the z100 forks but due to the removable design, It is forcing me to do it properly, probably a good thing lol...

The top and bottom plates are actually not as deep on the z100 as they are on a standard zed. Photos...

Drilled out the tripple tree fork stem? not sure what it is called. Had to turn another stem insert to make sure the cut out is centered.

IMG_1436.JPG
          IMG_1437.JPG

cleaned it up a little and making sure it's round and fits inside head stem
          IMG_1438.JPG

bottom race now fits in without the washer that normally goes in between the race and the bottom plate. the bottom plate is effectively the washer although a bit thicker.
          IMG_1445.JPG
          IMG_1439.JPG

now the assembly can slide in between the top and bottom plate and secured with long bolt top to bottom, problem solvered..
          IMG_1440.JPG

The top and bottom plates modified to be shallower
          IMG_1469.JPG
          IMG_1470.JPG
          IMG_1487.JPG

lining up with THE plan... lol...
          IMG_1497.JPG
          IMG_1496.JPG

Comment

now welding.... someone show me how to weld with this thing, bought it a while ago and have never used it. I hope it works because the D size argon just cost me $300! :-(

IMG_1493.JPG
            IMG_1495.JPG
            pre flow, post flow? any tips on how to use this thing would be great! might have to spend time to work out how to use this thing before I continue with the build
            Attached Files

Comment

been quiet for a while hey. i think a lot of people are doing the facebook thing, or i just piss to many people off

their coming along good

my tig is an al'cheapo so not to many knobs and switches like yours but it should have a pulse setting, the flow is probably timing for the argon when ya start and stop welding, you should see some of my tig welds you'll work it out, set ya amps and see what happens also check your argon flow from the bottle, i was surprised how little you use for a TIG compared to MIG. i think you'll find it a good unit, give yaself some practice with it.

Comment

Working...
              X