sl 70 parts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sl 70 parts ?

hi guys/girls , ive just got my hands on a 1972 sl70 , I am finding it a little hard to find some where to by parts . webike dosent have hardly anything and theirs only a little on ebay. any help/advice will be good. thanks , matt.

What parts are you after Matt?
    ​Too many bikes, not enough ride days.

Comment

I have not had time to really look at it , I need a complete tail light set up as it is missing . that is all I can think of at the moment.

after a quick look at the engine no. it looks like a 90cc has been put in it at some stage , and it does not look like it is selecting and gears, moving the gear lever up or down does not make any difference. it keeps rolling as if in neutral?

is there a bigger bore kit for the 90cc as all I could find was for the 50s and 70s?

Comment

I'm piecing one together at the moment as well. I haven't found anywhere that sells tailight brackets but there are some bits at RE-MX.
        If I could get my hands on a tailight bracket for one, I would copy it.
        I'm not sure what's available for 90motors.

Comment

I have one Al. If you're going to the Berwick swap meet next saturday i can meet up with you there.

Edit..
          Here it is
          IMG_2016013014724.jpg

Comment

Looks the same as my ct125 1983 model image.jpg
            Save the monkeys

Comment

Also have another thats a bit mangled/broken that i am putting on a custom that doesn't have the holes down the spine but is otherwise identical(except the damage). Looking at pics on the net some have them and some dont. Don't know what the changeover point was.
              IMG_2016013041953.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by MOTODEVO View Post
                Looking at pics on the net some have them and some dont. Don't know what the changeover point was.
                some SL70 bikes had the lights removed for strictly offroad motocross use and were sold that way.

Comment

I have one Al. If you're going to the Berwick swap meet next saturday i can meet up with you there.

Edit..
                  Here it is
                  i didn't get to the Berwick swap meet - been tied up with health issues. I'd still be interested in borrowing that bracket so I can replicate it.

Comment

Yeh Al no problem. Got family stuff tomorrow i have to sort out but i can probably get it to you next weekend. Will swing you a pm during the week.

Comment

Yeh Al no problem. Got family stuff tomorrow i have to sort out but i can probably get it to you next weekend. Will swing you a pm during the week.
                      Cool. Thanks. I might have to make up some templates & make up a few.

Comment

This is from my '74 XL70.
                        Little bent. Let me know if you want it to copy Al.
                        Cheers mate.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Comment

Thanks Scott. I'll let you know.

Comment

Working...
                          X