Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Zhenhua z50a for Holidays

Hi,

Picked up a Chinese Z50 for my holidays in France.

Put in a 88cc Minimoto cylinder kit, Minimoto 3" rims with street tires, a low budget complete exhaust, cheap 14mm carb with intake and a K1 replica taillight bracket. Minimoto chrome fenders and taillight completed the mod.

Changed 3 times the oil in order to get the chinese oil out and put a longer secondary transmission.

Finally, Minimoto J1 stickers found their home on the tank.

It runs 80 km/h at top speed and that's just perfect for the roads in France.

Except these mods everything is stock. It's not a Honda but it runs smoothly and it was a easy mod.

Drove it about 400 km after the mod.

I'm pretty happy with the bike even if it's not a Honda.

DSC_0466.jpg

Cheers.

Nice looking bike
    still learning.....

Comment

Got to be happy with that ,
      Neat holiday runabout
      its engine oil madge ,,,
      Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Where in France were you riding ???

Comment

In the south, between Narbonne-Plage and Gruissan, not very far away from the spanish border. (you can google and street view it, very cute place)

And having some peace of mind that somebody might steal the bike.. after all it's just a chinese copy

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
            In the south, between Narbonne-Plage and Gruissan, not very far away from the spanish border. (you can google and street view it, very cute place)

And having some peace of mind that somebody might steal the bike.. after all it's just a chinese copy
            There is some good riding around Carcasson and Quillan - in the area where you are. Plenty of winding mountain roads, with not a lot of cars.

Comment

Looks good. I've got the same exhaust. I had to put a shim between the pipe and silencer as the clamp wouldn't tighten down enough.

Comment

Had to do the same and still it's not 100% perfect

The carb was and easy bolt-on-no-tuning requested but the main jet is too big, at high revs it spits in the exhaust.

Comment

You're right, there some fantastic roads over there but it's too far away from Narbonne Plage, a bit more than 100km one way.
                  As the fuel consumption has dramatically increased with the 88cc kit (over 3 liters/100km compared to 1.2 with stock 50cc) one could get in trouble if run dry. Maybe next time I will be more confident to drive those roads and preferably not alone.

Comment

Working...
                  X