Honda Postie NBC110

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Postie NBC110

I'm training the PCYC under 17's soccer team this year and it looks like I will be the teams Postie bike mechanic as well, the first bike belonging to Ethan our equal leading goal scorer last season has just turned up and it looks like several more bikes to come including one for my eldest son and Nichole .

I want to make sure that they are all safe on the road and it gives me a good chance to work with the team outside of soccer.

Give this NBC110 a tune, service, clean, polish and a good all over safety check, they look like a solid well built bike:

Dsc01899 S.jpg

Found a few issues:

- The front brake lever parking brake clip had been put together wrong and the spring was not returning the clip allowing the front brake lever to get stuck.

- The drive chain was the most stretched chain I have ever seen, replaced with an EK420, cleaned the build up from inside the massive chain guard and behind the plastic front sprocket cover.

- Rear sprocket rubber dampers need replacing , will throw in a set of brake shoes and wheel bearings at the same time.

- Tightened several loose spokes front and rear.

- The motor sounds to have a little knock as you blip the throttle off idle when cold, will replace the old thin oil and then have a listen to the warmed up motor to hear how it really sounds after 30000 klm.

The top end looks like a CRF110 busting to rip it off and have a look, hope it is as I have a 132cc big bore kit, oversize valve kit and performance cam, need a bigger exhaust and hope that the stock fuel injection controller can cope and adjust itself to suit ???

They will all get a shock as I wheel-stand away on my Z50JZ 108cc that make over double the HP of their stock Postie bikes

Cheers

Jaimie
    Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Hi Jaimie,

It might need a new cam chain kit, mine was severely worn out at less then 30000km.

Mine is running very lean too stock.
    still learning.....

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the cam chain kit I was suspecting that it may have been the engine noise.

Can't wait to get my dyno up and going so I can see how the bikes are actually running.
      Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

A few weeks ago I was working on a late model 12 volt Jap built one and could have sworn it sounded like it had a big end knock. Put in a new clutch assembly and it disappeared.

Comment

Working...
        X