No announcement yet.

Z125

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Dex! Have you had it out on the road much in that format?

That seems like a hell of a long drive to dyno, nothing decent down your way???
    Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

air/fuel is up and down badly , you should pick it up at least 4-5 hp when its all sorted. btw how much did it cost ya, how long were you there?

Comment

Agreed ,, fuel map is " wonky " at best .
        Little bugger pulls like a train as is ,, being thoughtful of mechanical sympathy.
        Should pick up a few more hp and the torque curve should improve somewhat with it .

Main dyno joint " reds " is on down time due to health concerns,, and other joint seems same .
        So the 2-1/4 hour drive was well worth it .

Spent an hour up there ,,, usually does 3 runs ,,, bloke up there loved it so much he did 7 .
        Cost $100 , and he laminated the final data sheets .
        Champion .
        A fun day was had by all ,,,cheezy grins ensured .
        its engine oil madge ,,,
        Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

I think that is a bargain Dex , I'm sure it would be 2-3 times that in Sydney. well worth going again for a bit of tuning. great post mate!

Comment

just noticed the occy strap , it must be just for the sensor cable , I hope !

Comment

Originally posted by mh185 View Post
              I think that is a bargain Dex , I'm sure it would be 2-3 times that in Sydney. well worth going again for a bit of tuning. great post mate!
              I know up here a dyno tune (and only a tune) is in the vicinity of $450
              Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Hahahaha ,,
                Yes mate ..

I had to laugh at all the 4x2's it took to get it to sit on the dyno .
                its engine oil madge ,,,
                Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

I didn't even see them , what ever works.

Comment

Starter motor sprag started to slip .. Seems to be a thing with them as standard .
                    Going to the tb barrel and head made this more aparent ,," loosing the factory decomp " and the comp increace .
                    So a takegawa s35 decomp cam got slipped in yesterday .
                    Start up is quick and direct now .
                    Another dyno day is being organized to get this bazzaz fuel module sorted .
                    its engine oil madge ,,,
                    Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

hey Dex , did you put it back on the dyno to fix the air/fuel ratios ?

Comment

just noticed the occy strap , it must be just for the sensor cable , I hope !
                        Occy strap is enough to hold it on dyno. "she'll be right"

Comment

hey Dex , did you put it back on the dyno to fix the air/fuel ratios ?
                          Bloke has been playing with the program on the bazzaz fuel mod .
                          With some success,, but still an unknown quantity till it ,, the laptop and cords get taken back up north to dial it in propper .
                          Should see power and torque hike up somewhat when its crisp across the board with the a/f mix optimized .

Next missiion is to remove the 10,000 rev limit ,, to allow the cam ,and titanium retainers and all mods to realy sing to their full potential .

Doubling hp and torque has been cool at the same rpm limits still quite a big leap tho ,,
                          Even with the a/f ,,,,,wonky ,," at best "'
                          its engine oil madge ,,,
                          Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

Just wondering what sort of fuel range you guys are getting with your z125’s and groms
                            MG the good old days

Comment

Working...
                            X