Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

babuG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • yah... half way there! your "~original" fix is pretty good Jaimie...

    Comment


    • For a while I was going to rip the keyboard out the computer and hammer throw it but after a while when you get in the groove you can do it quite quick
      Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

      PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

      Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

      Comment


      • Have to say that the work that you are capable of doing and your attention to detail in not only your work but the way you present your information is much appreciated and extremely impressive.

        "Knowing and not sharing is not knowing at all".

        Thank You

        Jaimie
        Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

        PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

        Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

        Comment


        • Photos have been restored! Now i can start removing stuff from photobucket for good!

          It was an opportunity for me to re-read the build, i have not read it since posting the build. It was cool to revisit some funny and lots of encouraging comments from everyone, thanks

          Originally posted by Classic Honda 50's View Post
          Have to say that the work that you are capable of doing and your attention to detail in not only your work but the way you present your information is much appreciated and extremely impressive.

          "Knowing and not sharing is not knowing at all".

          Thank You

          Jaimie
          Thanks Jamie, I've learnt a lot from this forum and don't think i would've gotten the monkey bug if it wasn't for this forum so a Big Thanks to you and Nicole! I have one last custom build to do and really really looking forward to it when time permits.

          Comment


          • Top effort Babu, glad all the pics in "babu first build z50a" are still visible as well.

            And yes, thanks Jamie for the forum.
            Old hondas don't die......they wait.

            Comment


            • What an amazing bike! thanks for correcting the photos, I'm lazy and have left all mine in Photobucket but just did the "~original" fix on them all, I'm using Imgur for all new photos though. I read the whole thread from start to finish tonight!

              You need to bring it over here for a month, you'll clock up more k's in that month than you will in a year over there

              Comment


              • IMG_3932s.JPG[/QUOTE]

                I thought it was a z50 skeleton at first.

                Old Deadly treadlys are so mind numbing with all there weird threads and fiddly little bits. Top job but.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RickyB View Post
                  What an amazing bike! thanks for correcting the photos, I'm lazy and have left all mine in Photobucket but just did the "~original" fix on them all, I'm using Imgur for all new photos though. I read the whole thread from start to finish tonight!

                  You need to bring it over here for a month, you'll clock up more k's in that month than you will in a year over there
                  cheers RickyB, maybe i should just send it over to you fellas to get the engine run in.. bit of a waste me building bikes

                  Originally posted by Peter View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]21083[/ATTACH]
                  I thought it was a z50 skeleton at first.

                  Old Deadly treadlys are so mind numbing with all there weird threads and fiddly little bits. Top job but.[/QUOTE]

                  bike doesn't look as straight anymore as of 5 weeks ago, written off. Got cut off and been in a sling since... given me some time to look for new parts for one more build.

                  20180219_174500.JPG

                  20180220_090528.jpg

                  Comment


                  • oops!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by babu View Post
                      cheers RickyB, maybe i should just send it over to you fellas to get the engine run in.. bit of a waste me building bikes
                      Yeh send it over, me and John will look after it

                      Just out of curiosity, when you've had it running, is there a noticeable difference in vibration (less) because of the rubber mounts?

                      Comment


                      • I do not notice any vibrations on this bike, not sure how much of it is due to the rubber mounts tho, can't conclusively say as I don't have another J1 to compare with. I get some vibration on the 108 dax and pretty crazy vibrations on the 106 hardtail. Indicators and exhaust mounts have fallen off the hardtail lol... i recon all bikes should have these engine rubber mounts, not hard to do.

                        Comment


                        • It's definitely something I would've done on mine if I'd seen this before These bikes have some wild vibrations in them and I've had to put about 2 litres of loctite in the old girl to keep everything from vibrating lose! not to mention we all carry ductape with us for those times when we do loose something - which is nearly every ride!

                          I have the benefit of a full machine shop complete with fitters/machinists out in the factory at work, so won't take long to weld on and machine for me! Next tear down I'll be all over this

                          Comment


                          • amazing build !

                            quick question or two please, what handle bars are these and also mirrors ?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ryan_HnR View Post
                              amazing build !

                              quick question or two please, what handle bars are these and also mirrors ?
                              The handle bars are daytona, there should be a pic with the part number tag still attached somewhere in this thread... mirrors i don't remember but they are from webike.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X