Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock 1973 ST70, will 4.00-10 tyres fit.???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock 1973 ST70, will 4.00-10 tyres fit.???

Hi,

I'm new here and have a newby question.
    I apologise if this has been covered, I was unable to find anything in my searches.

My completely stock1973 ST70 needs new tyres, it still has the original 3.50-10in tyres.
    It has only been registered for 2 separate years, back in 1973 and then again in 1989 and has only covered around 2300 miles.

I doubt it will ever be registered again however I want to be able to give it a run in the scrub or on our property every now and then.

Will 4.00x10in tyres fit under the big front guard and next to the chain on the rear?
    I hope to use off road Bridgestone Trail wings similar to the original CT70 tyres.
    I need new tubes too. Is there anything special I need to know prior to ordering these? the original tubes have straight valve stems which I imagine are offset..
    Is there a preferred supplier here in Australia..?

I'm looking forward to getting the ST70 running, its always started first go, and kicking up some dust..

Thanks in advance and this is now my favourite site,

Couso

Alice Springs

Hi,

I've bought some Duro HF203's in 4.00-10..

When they arrive i will find out if they fit..

Couso..

Comment

Hi,

The new 4.00-10 tyres fit and look great.
      I painted the rims with Duplicolour Silver Caliper Paint BCP103 and they came out awesome.
      I cant add a photo right now.. but I will keep trying.
      I left off the rear mudflap and the black chain guard, just a personal preference, I'm certain the chain guard would still fit.

A few more tweaks and my son will be carving up the outback.. And I'll be chasing him on the 'Postie' I just bought..

Couso

Comment

Yo,

Here's that Photo

Couso
        Attached Files

Comment

they look fine, good choice. it's made a big difference painting the wheels too
          You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

Thanks Mate.. I had planned to paint the wheels and I'm glad i did, they were quite rusty on the inside around the join. I used a thin film of silastic on the join when I put them back together to prevent water ingress...
            The replacement tubes are 3.50-10 TR13 offset valves and i replaced the wheel bearings while they were apart.

IMG_20200714_175541.jpg

Cheers,
            Attached Files

Comment

You get dad of the year for setting that up for your son.
              Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Hi cousin,

where did you get them from? I am looking for a cheap tyre for my bush bike? The trail wings are a bit out of my budget?

matt

Comment

Hi Matt,

My local bike shop got them through Ron Angel Wholesale in Queensland.
                  I think they were about $50 each..

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for the reply cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X