Old Holdens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Holdens

I couldn't find an old thread to post in but here's a couple of pics of my little torana. It never gets any use unfortunately but I started it on the weekend after 9 months & gave it a birthday

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had an LC 4dr 161 3sp column shift manual many years ago. Had a hotdog muffler. I grafted an LJ GTR dash (From West Ryde auto wrecker on Victoria Rd) into it. The connectors were different.

Your GTR is much nicer.
    You're only young once but you can ride a monkey forever.

Red Z50AK2 U 1974 - Blue Z50AK2 U 1973 - Yellow Z50AK2 U 1974 - 2 x Gold ST70 K0 DAX
    Red ST50 DAX registration lapsed - XL250S 1978 - 3 x SUZUKI TC185 1974/1975 - TS185 1990

Comment

Nice car mate, love it! Swap you half my bikes for it

Haha just kidding, very nice tho
      MONKEY ON BROTHERS! 
      sigpic

Custom z50jz Custom Chaly project Original z50j1 Kayla's Custom z50j1 project Crf50 z50r Resto project white gorilla Skyteam Munster

Comment

Originally posted by RedZed View Post
        I had an LC 4dr 161 3sp column shift manual many years ago. Had a hotdog muffler. I grafted an LJ GTR dash (From West Ryde auto wrecker on Victoria Rd) into it. The connectors were different.

Your GTR is much nicer.
        the hotdog , now you're bringing back memories. Do you remember the speco floor shift haha, my linkages always jammed

Comment

Originally posted by GIMP_PRO View Post
          Nice car mate, love it! Swap you half my bikes for it

Haha just kidding, very nice tho
          cheers gimp, any others with old Holden's out there? Throw up some pics love seeing them

Comment

thats sweat.. had a LJ GTR when i was 19yr old ..triple su's..that thing was fast..

Comment

Mums partner has an XU1, FX 2xUte,panel van and sedan, FJ Ute, panel van and 2x sedans, Few others as well.
              Daily is one of the FX utes.. might be able to dig up a few pics.

Comment

IMG_303876298735237.jpg
                My sister with one of the FJs

Comment

willo - I told you there is only one holden I would ride in so stick the Colorado mate!!!
                  I am avail anytime for a ride around the block so just mobi me m8!!!

at 16 yrs old - early 1980s - I wanted a gtr xu1 but knew nothing about them!!! saw the light
                  quickly and my first car was a mk 1 esky p/van ex show car for $1500 in 1984!!!

my son jumped ship to holden some yrs ago and was keen on them for a bit too - now he drives
                  a pimped rodeo ute and wants a dunnydore v6 ute next - hes no son of mine!!!!

nearly bought geezas 4 door project with a 2 door body shell and spares but he want too much coin.
                  don't forget willo geeza still got the hot up parts left to sell cheap - bongo knows where the parts are.

I also got a soft spot for the ta and hb torries - 4 bangers with opel engines but still cooollll man!!!
                  if you find a ta or hb willo give me a call pls. c u soon for the test ride m8!!!

rgds g man (I bleed blue blood - not red!!!)

Comment

64 CZ100, 64 CZ100, 67 Z50m. 67 Z50m. 67 Z50m. 72 Z50K2. 72 Z50K2. 72 Z50K2. 72 Z50K2. 72 Z50K2. 74 XR75. 75 XR75. 76 Z50J1.
                    77 Z50J1. 78 Z50J1. 80 Z50JZ. 82 Z50r. 82 Z50R. 82 Z50R. 83 Z50R. 84 Z50R. 86 Z50R. 97 Z50R.
                    Z50 BAJA. Z50 BAJA. 04 CRF50

Comment

Love my wagon

Comment

bullarabs - nice 2 door you got there cuz. theres an old chick up the road from my joint with a pink 2 door shes had from the 1980s that I can remember.
                        I bet every man and his dog has asked her if she wants to sell and she must tell them to f off. she got the sprintmaster wheels like yours but I like willos
                        stock wheel with wheel trim look the best.

I gotta good old book on Bathurst race cars which discusses the lc and lj torries. lc a far better race car with the 186 as opposed to the lj with the 202 out to
                        208. I agree as those 186s can scream when you give them some lovin. they gave the ford 351 gts a good run for there money!!!

they got a gtr and xu1 club here in perth and they are a nice bunch of guys and girls - met some of them before at car shows over the last 25 yrs +

pity the supercar scare killed off the xu2 (lj torrie with a 308 in it - shit yeah!!!) it also killed off the phase 4 xa gt and the Chrysler mob were going to a v8
                        in the might valiant too. what a Bathurst race that would have been!!!!

I played a shit load of indoor cricket in the 80s and a mate of a mate had a 2 door with a 253/trimatic box. that thing went like stink but bugger all brakes!!!
                        I was bogging around in a hot Gemini but sold that and bought the love of my life - a genuine ford xw gs sdn.

rgds g man - muscle car mad!!!

Comment

Hey Gav, lj xu1's came out with sprints same as bullarabs . Lc gtr & xu1's were same as mine. Your lady friend may have a strike me pink xu1 by the sounds, quite rare not too many came out in this colour.

Comment

Originally posted by Skuta View Post
                            Love my wagon
                            quality skuta real nice, made with style mate

Comment

Originally posted by bullarabs View Post

this is Hollywood, where's ya radio? Hard to get if you don't have one

Comment

Working...
                              X