No announcement yet.

Diggs Ruckus Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I got around to fitting tach last night, this is apparently critical in tuning the CVT properly as you need to know what RPM you are at when it's changing gears. I am also adding CDI that will bump up rev limiter - so also handy to have so I dont make it go bang.

Tach.jpg

I still have to go back and hide all the wiring as with engine mounted in the back the wire to coil can be seen.
    Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

Just use clear wire, you won't see it.
      Once I thought I was wrong, I was mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
        Just use clear wire, you won't see it.
        Would that be in the blinker fluid section?
        Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

Comment

In true Z50 style I cant leave well enough alone - started swapping out the bars. PIA of a job as everything is run through a closed loop in the bars and therefore needed to be disconnect and pulled out then rerouted. They are also like a BMX style thing that requires a boss to revert it to normal bar clamps.

Anyway I am halfway there and about to leave on a holiday for the weekend - will have to get it all back together on Sunday night as this is my daily

Also chucking on a speedo with an ODO as I wanna have some idea of how many KMs I have left before filling.

BarsSpeedo.jpg
          Speedo.jpg

Comment

Been a little while since any updates on this one, been mainly working on my ZRX.

Cut the bars down a fair bit (3 inches off either end) and put an R6 taillight under the seat. Lower seat frame is on the way from the US. Still thinking of going for the GY6 (150cc) conversion with stretched back end.

Comment

You have to go for the stretched back end! Itís a must!

Comment

With a big fat tyre!!!
                still learning.....

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie View Post
                  You have to go for the stretched back end! Itís a must!
                  With a big fat tyre!!!
                  Yup, that's happening but I had been toying with the idea of keeping the 50cc donk so have held off buying anything. I have now decided it's going to be too slow so I'll be dumping the 150cc GY6 motor in, so now I can make a start on it.

I am just determining all the stuff I need to buy for the swap as I cant find anyone local to talk to that's done it. I am more than likely going to get the 9.5 inch stretch with short case motor as I dont want to super long look that some do with long case motor and 12.5 inch stretch.
                  I am also pretty keen to go "full fatty" which is 8 inches wide - but I just need to determine what hub I need to unsure the rim is centred.

The waiting on parts from US and Japan is going to suck.

Comment

Lowered the seaat substantially, still researching what combo of stretch and fatty tyre I need to purchase. Getting there though.

Comment

Lower seat looks wwaaayyy better!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie View Post
                        Lower seat looks wwaaayyy better!
                        Cheers Paulie, I ordered the stretch kit yesterday including 8 inch wide wheel and tyre. Also had to order new pipe to allow fat tyre to fit - so now to wait the 2-3 weeks for it all to come from the US.

Comment

Working...
                        X