Diggs Ruckus Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is fun to watch,,,, keep at it
    You have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.

Comment

Originally posted by z nut View Post
      this is fun to watch,,,, keep at it
      Cheers mate, ultimate aim is cruising at 70 or so.
      Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

pollini variator kit ? more info

Comment

Originally posted by mh185 View Post
          pollini variator kit ? more info
          I guess it's like a centrifugal clutch, it has rollers that press the drive face out on the drive belt the quicker it spins.

So the kit is a better drive face, different shaped ramps and different weight rollers - the theory is to "tune" the CVT to your riding, so for me - lighter rollers throw out later and keeps it revving higher before upping the gear. This gives me better acceleration BUT also gave me a but more top speed.

Good GIF on this page
          http://ruckn.com/choosing-variator/

I am still figuring it all out and there's a lot of conflicting info around so it's a bit of trial and error.
          Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

Comment

Having an absolute hoot on this little booger, now sitting on 65kph on the flats, so ALMOST acceptable (stock was struggling to get 50kph). That being said I just ordered a CDI that with advance the ignition a little and also bump the rev limiter up by 750 RPM or so. Noticeable increase off the line.

If I can get a comfortable 70kph on the flat I will be happy and can move on to the looks. Leightweight mods will continue.

Also ordered a kickstand (ditch heavy centrestand) and a boss to mount normal bars rather than the BMX style boss it currently has.

I am having so fun with this thing I should be ashamed of myself, but I'm not.

Comment

Nice work on the speed increase! If I didn’t have monkey bikes to drain my wallet and bank accounts, I’d definitely get a ruckus. The custom ones on the social media are amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie View Post
                Nice work on the speed increase! If I didn’t have monkey bikes to drain my wallet and bank accounts, I’d definitely get a ruckus. The custom ones on the social media are amazing.
                Dont worry, they are draining my account too.

Still not sure how crazy I am going to go on it, keen for a huge rear tyre, but still not sure about the frame stretch. There's some amazing ones around, the US guys go pretty mental on them!

Comment

How's this for a sweet piece of gear? Replaces a big hole in the back as I remove the rear fender - pretty heavy but I am willing to sacrifice the weight for a part that looks this good!

TRSGhostplate.jpg

Comment

Now that my "gearing" is optimal the next goal is to get it jetted correctly. I am taking an educated guess to start with and will tune from there (38 Slow/80 Main), I have a few slow jets to try out.

Felt a little snappier up to 60 kph, but didnt gain any top end - topping out at 63 kph.

jetting.jpg

Comment

Well I did a bit of testing this arvo and it seems I got the jetting right with the first set (as above), just clipped 71kph on the flat part of my test circuit.

CDI is in the mail to give it a higher redline and a little advance, as well as a few parts to drop a little more weight.

Comment

Sounds like you're really enjoying the tuning.

Would this be your go to bike?
                        Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Originally posted by MattyP View Post
                          Would this be your go to bike?
                          For around town where Im not going any higher than 70 its great - just point and shoot. Like driving an auto.

In Canberra it would be no good as you'd need to avoid the parkway and therefore go through 4 million roundabouts!

Comment

That's why bikes are good here. Roundabouts are fun but not in the work van.

It's an interesting bike you have. I've always wondered how they ride.
                            Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

Same here, they’re a good looking scooter. But I’ve always wondered how they ride esp with the modified long wheel bases some of them have.

Comment

That's why bikes are good here. Roundabouts are fun but not in the work van.

We almost end up in the fountain in the middle of that one in the city when we were young!

It's a hoot to ride except when you cant keep up with traffic (long hills).

Comment

Working...
                                X