Diggs Ruckus Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diggs Ruckus Build

Well I scored this little thing for a swap for something I wasnt particularly enamoured with anyway (Virago 250), always had a soft spot for them - will definitely be custom with stretched wheelbase and fatty rear.

Came reasonably complete but had been sitting in a mate's yard under a tarp for 2 years.

36747142_10160418276175543_2138983770282262528_n.jpg
    Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

All back together and running smoothly, headlight and brake lights are out - will figure that out when I get a chance!

21.07.2018.jpg
    Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

Comment

Did you get to keep the tarp?
      Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

that a low blow matty

Comment

Originally posted by mh185 View Post
          that a low blow matty
          Well he’s go to hide that Suzuki somewhere .....

Comment

that a low blow matty
            Haha no it wasn't.

The ruckus is very cool.
            Life is too short for cheap carbs...

Comment

that a low blow matty
              I would expect nothing less......

Originally posted by Monkiesuncle View Post
              Well he’s go to hide that Suzuki somewhere .....
              This however is a low blow

Comment

Well I am now in the process of learning about CVT drives and how to "tune" them - interesting stuff. The basics of it is altering the weights used to change the gears to suit your riding - in my case I'll be first trying lighter weights to have it stay in gear longer and rev out a little higher.

Hoping with the mods I have planned I can squeeze 80+kph out of it. I'll also be knocking any surplus weight I can out of it. It's never going to be a rocket but hopefully I can get it accelerating quick enough to stay with the traffic.

Comment

A few years ago now, one of the local bike shops had a speeding fine framed and hanging in the show room, I can’t remember the speed, but it was something ridiculous in a 60 zone, and the workshop ruckus was the bike they were riding when receiving this certificate of merit.

They were obviously very proud of this achievement ......

Comment

Originally posted by Monkiesuncle View Post
                    A few years ago now, one of the local bike shops had a speeding fine framed and hanging in the show room, I can’t remember the speed, but it was something ridiculous in a 60 zone, and the workshop ruckus was the bike they were riding when receiving this certificate of merit.

They were obviously very proud of this achievement ......
                    Haha, that's awesome - there's a blog where they were aiming for 60MPH (just under 100kph). Pretty sure they got it with some porting and polishing amongst all the normal mods - 80kph is very achievable with simple mods.

Comment

Everything buttoned up on this one now - last issue is it bogging down under load at full throttle.

Little reading seems to point to it needing the ECU reset after TPC (Throttle Position Sensor) being disconnected - or I have a leak somewhere on the air filter side.
                      Genius tip on this one to find leak: have bike (I am using "bike" very loosely in this thread) idling and spray starter fluid at suspect areas, if the bike revs it's nuts off you found your leak.

Makes sense, but no way I would have worked that one out on my own!

Comment

RWC done today and rego tomorrow. After that I will be one bad MotherRucker.

Mods will start after I have done some baseline "speed" testing on the flat and up and down some hills.

Comment

good work mate !

Comment

Well I spent today making a start on weight reduction, managed to knock an easy 3.8kg of low hanging fruit out of it.

Hit the tank and frame with a little paint to make it look less shit.
                            1.jpg
                            2.jpg

Comment

Well some playing with the Ruck today and I with a DIY intake I managed to bump speed up by about 3kph after several lengths/positions on the intake - so hitting 55kph on the flat.

DIYIntake.jpg

When I got home from that testing my Pollini variator kit had arrived so I chucked that in and was hitting 75 downhill and now I am sitting on 60 easily on the flats.

Next will be sorting the jetting, as it's way out - but this small motor tuning is highly addictive - and I havent even started looking at Big Bore kits - although I believe they are very limited.

Comment

Working...
                              X