1978 Honda NC50 Restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there,

Here are a few photos of the engine coming together.

Cheers.

IMG_7425.jpg

IMG_7426.jpg

IMG_7427.jpg

Comment

• Not far now! That engine looks better than new!
      Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

ZRX1200S, RGV250 VJ22, Skyteam T-Rex, Z50J1 '78, XV250 Virago

Comment

• Originally posted by Diggs View Post
        That engine looks better than new!
        The whole bike does.

Comment

• Hi there,

Here are a couple pics of the front forks rebuild.

The fork dust seals were pretty cracked so i put some glue lined heat shrink tube around them and they turned out great.

Tank next then onto the wiring of the frame, cables etc.

Cheers.

IMG_7432.jpg

IMG_7433.jpg

Comment

• Good thinking on the seals
            its engine oil madge ,,,
            Your soaking in it ,,!!

Comment

• Cheers Dex,

Can't buy em so had to do something to smarten them up!

Here are a few pics of the tank all finished and ready to go back on the bike.

New stickers set really finishes it off.

Cheers.

IMG_7437.jpg

IMG_7440.jpg

IMG_7441.jpg

IMG_7442.jpg

Comment

• IMG_7441.jpg

Looks like an AT-AT! A bloody nice, blue one! Looking fantastic - those stickers really make it! Cracking effort!
                Rigby "No dude, you're doing it wrong! Righty-tidey, lefty-losey! Not lefty-tidey mess it up because you're a loser!"

Comment

• Hi there,

Got the centre stand and bracket back from powder coaters and mounted them to the engine.

Also assembled the controls, grips and lights to the bars.

Cheers.

IMG_7443.jpg

IMG_7444.jpg

IMG_7446.jpg

IMG_7448.jpg

Comment

• its all coming together now , cant wait to see it complete.

Comment

• Hi there,

Here are some photos of the horn mods process.

I had this brand new 12v genuine horn from another project that matched the 6 volt NC50 horn externally.

So i bought a cheap 6v horn and removed the internals and fitted them to the genuine one.

I bought a $4 set of pliers and angle screwdriver set from Bunnings and modified them to enable me to bend the cover off with out too much damage.

Cheers.

IMG_7452.jpg
                      IMG_7458.jpg
                      IMG_7457.jpg
                      IMG_7453.jpg
                      IMG_7454.jpg
                      IMG_7459.jpg
                      IMG_7461.jpg
                      IMG_7462.jpg
                      IMG_7464.jpg
                      IMG_7465.jpg
                      IMG_7468.jpg
                      IMG_7469.jpg

Comment

• You remind me of a guy on the ZRX forums, not only is your work amazing but the documentation of it is excellent too.

Every photo I take looks like I have used a potato. I get my wife to either take or fix the good ones.

Comment

• Thanks Diggs,

It took me a long time to figure out the settings of my camera too!

Still take about 10 shots to get 1 decent photo.

Here are some photos of the speedo being disassembled and cleaned.

Same process as the horn to remove the bezel.

There was quite a bit of dirt inside, also the grease on the gears had dried out so i cleaned that out and regreased

Just getting a quote to make a decal to go over the face as the paint has cracked.

I will just put the original face back if it is too dear as it is still readable.

Gave the glass a good clean and polished the bezel and housing.

Also repainted the pointer as it had faded quite badly.

Cheers.

IMG_7472.jpg
                          IMG_7476.jpg
                          IMG_7477.jpg
                          IMG_7478.jpg

Comment

• I say this including myself, it is easy to be a catalogue mechanic and just buy a heap of new parts and bolt together a stunner but to go to the next level like the work above is the real deal, thanks for sharing with great info and documentation.

Cheers

Jaimie
                            Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

• Thanks Jamie,

More than happy to share some ways around problems and hopefully inspire some more people to have a go.

The NC has been a challenge for sure, but hey like all of us here if we don't take care of these little treasures they will disappear for good.

Cheers

Comment

• "Challenges are only the reward of Effort"
                                Classic Honda 50's Australia - Visit our online store at - www.classichonda50saustralia.com.au

PERFORMANCE, REPRODUCTION AND OEM PARTS TO SUIT OLD AND NEW HONDA AND OTHER 4 STROKE MINIBIKES AND MOTORBIKES INCLUDING KAWASAKI, YAMAHA AND SUZUKI.

Parts to Suit: Honda Z50A, Z50J1, Z50JZ, Z50R, Z50JDM, Z50M, QA50, QR50, MR50, XR50, CRF50, ATC70, CT70, CZ100, MSX125 (Grom), ST70, SL70, XL70, TRX70, XR75, XR80, TRX90, Kawasaki KLX110 and Z125 models to name a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X